New EUA report highlights challenges for doctoral education in Europe
Dubrovnik Conference on Higher Education Reform, 29-31 October 2007
EUA Autumn Conference in Wroclaw, Poland - Last reminder
EUA Workshop on Doctoral Education: Access, Recruitment and Admission to Doctoral Programmes
- access to information including internal and external funding opportunities;
- access to doctoral education from a gender and social perspective;
- entry requirements.
2. Recruitment strategies and practices (from an academic and an administrative points of view);
- selection and admission to doctoral programmes;
- registration of doctoral candidates.
3. Access and recruitment of European and international students.
The main objective of the workshop is the exchange of good practice examples from various universities across Europe. Participants will have a chance to work in plenary sessions as well as in small working groups in order to give everybody a chance to present their experience and views.
Please click here to download the workshop programme and visit the workshop website.
To register, please click here.
Job opportunity at EUA: Director responsible for the management of EUA Communications, Membership Services and Events
The European University Association (EUA) represents more than 750 universities and higher education associations in 45 countries.
Located in Brussels, the EUA secretariat is comprised of 30 staff members. EUA’s mission is to promote the development of a coherent system of education and research at the European level through studies, projects and services to members.
EUA is currently looking for a
Responsible for the management of EUA Communications, Membership Services and Events (Full-time)
The role includes:
- Developing a long-term communication strategy and member services offer that will further enhance the association’s profile and visibility to members, partners and policy makers
- Coordinating the work of units responsible for press, publications, IT, events and other member services as well as the overall management of staff in these units (10 persons)
- Supervising the planning & preparation of communication campaigns, lobbying efforts, and events
- Ensuring that communications strategy and member services correspond to the developing policy priorities of the association
This is a demanding role at a senior level that combines policy, organisational and managerial talent and expertise with excellent people skills and a strong interest in European public policy, and especially higher education and research issues.
Therefore you will need to demonstrate:
- Broad knowledge of the higher education/research sector in Europe
- Significant management experience – of people, processes and events – preferably through relevant experience in a related area (information/communications/media/events management)
- Strong English drafting skills and fluency in French, with knowledge of additional European languages an asset
- Experience of working in a multicultural, multilingual environment
- Understanding of and interest in the opportunities offered by IT developments and web-based communication
- 10 years experience (with a minimum of 5 years in a management position) following on from an advanced university degree
The Association offers an unlimited contract under Belgian law and an attractive package of benefits including a pension scheme, medical insurance and lunch vouchers. Salary and conditions are negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
For an informal discussion about this post or for more details of salary and conditions please contact Isabelle Damman by phone (0032 2 230 55 44) or at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
A CV and cover letter should be sent to the same email address by 26 October 2007. EUA regrets that we are not able to acknowledge all applications received. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.