EUA is building strong universities for Europe through targeted activities aimed at supporting their development. These activities include policy work, conferences, workshops, projects, and more targeted services such as the institutional evaluation programme, and an independent service dedicated to doctoral education. Over 4,000 university leaders have benefited from EUA services to date.
For an overview of EUA membership benefits, click here or consult the sections below.
- The IEP – an independent evaluation programme conducted by teams of experienced European higher education leaders
- Evaluations support participating institutions in the development of their strategic management and internal quality culture.
One of EUA’s core missions is to contribute to the development of individual institutions and to strengthen the sector as a whole. This is achieved through a range of activities such as the Institutional Evaluation Programme, the coordinated evaluations, and thematic conferences and workshops for senior university leaders and managers. In addition, EUA also offers consultancy services which are specifically tailored to the specific needs of institutions and their stakeholders.
To find out more, please click here.
- An independent membership service designed to enhance the quality of doctoral education in European universities and improve visibility of doctoral/graduate/research schools and programmes
- Exchange of best practices during conferences, thematic workshops, etc.
- Studies and reports: crucial information on new developments and trends in
EUA conferences are a unique platform for discussion and an unrivalled opportunity for university leaders to network with peers from Europe and other parts of the world, contribute to European policy level discussions, and gain valuable information on the latest trends and policy developments.
EUA organises series of strategy workshops to strengthen strategic thinking and provide practical guidance and conceptual tools on key issues. This is a high-level development opportunity for leaders operating at the most senior levels of higher education in Europe.
EUA projects bring together universities from across Europe to focus on key strategic areas and issues as well as contributing to the policy positions of EUA. Universities participate actively in EUA projects. EUA publishes regular reports and studies on the outcomes of its project work. It also publishes policy positions to ensure that universities’ voice is heard by all key stakeholders.
The fortnightly EUA electronic newsletter keeps EUA members up-to-date with all European and international higher education and research activities and events. The members and partners section gives members the possibility to publish their international events and projects.