Candidates for the new EUA Board
January 15, 2009
At a meeting this week in Brussels, the EUA Council nominated the following 12 candidates for the election of the next EUA Board which is due to take place at the EUA Convention in Prague.
• Aleksa Bjelis, University of Zagreb, Croatia;
• David Drewry, University of Hull, UK;
• Jean-Pierre Finance, Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy 1, France;
• Vaclav Hampl, Charles University, Czech Republic;
• Lauritz Holm-Nielsen, University of Aarhus, Denmark;
• Tadeusz Luty; Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland;
• Maria Helena Nazaré, University of Aveiro, Portugal;
• Sijbolt Noorda, VSNU, The Netherlands;
• Kerstin Norén, Karlstad University, Sweden;
• Giuseppe Silvestri, University of Palermo, Italy;
• Krista Varantola, University of Tampere, Finland;
• Margret Wintermantel, HRK, Germany.
The eight candidates with the highest number of votes from the General Assembly in Prague will serve as members of the next EUA Board from April 2009.
The new EUA Board will consist of the new EUA President, Professor Jean Marc Rapp – who will take over from Professor Georg Winckler in Prague - and the elected eight members. EUA’s Board meets at least three times a year and is responsible for the preparation and implementation of the Association's policy, the planning of its activities, and the management of its affairs.
It should also be noted that individual EUA members (with the support of 50 individual members) can also propose additional candidates. Please note the deadline is 16 February 2009. For more information please contact Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org.