Final dissemination event: Europe-Africa Quality Connect, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (21-22 June 2012)
June 07, 2012
The final dissemination conference of the EUA-coordinated project Europe-Africa Quality Connect, “A bi-regional approach to Strengthening University Capacity for Change”, will take place from 21 to 22 June 2012 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The event is the culmination of a two-year pilot project to test the methodology of EUA’s Institutional Evaluation Programme on five universities from different regions in Africa.
Generating a report on the evaluation outcomes and the prospects for continuing institutional quality evaluations in Africa, the final conference will promote the results to the wider African university community, donors and governments. Participants will include African university leadership, representatives from the pilot universities and experts of the project, African Union and European Union officials as well as local NGOs and donors.
Some of the key issues to be discussed will be:
- feedback from the stakeholder community on the university evaluation methodology;
- how universities in Africa can best utilise the results of the evaluations;
- regional and sub-regional frameworks for QA and how this pilot initiative supports them;
- the future of the programme in Africa and prospects for other universities who would be interested in undergoing evaluations; and
- future Europe-Africa cooperation in QA.
A draft programme can be found on the project website.
The event is open and there is no conference fee. If you are interested in attending, please contact: email@example.com Europe-Africa Quality Connect is an Erasmus Mundus-supported project, coordinated by EUA in conjunction with the Association of African Universities, the Irish University Quality Board and the University of Aveiro. For more information, please visit this website.