EUA organises thematic peer groups on learning and teaching to strengthen the bottom-up approach in engaging the European universities, to foster the community building, and to complement the Forum.
The main objectives of the thematic peer groups are:
- To identify core principles for successful learning and teaching across Europe by taking into account the changing higher education environment
- To exchange good practices in various organisational, educational and qualitative aspects of learning and teaching
- To contribute to the enhancement of learning and teaching at European universities.
Thematic peer groups are active from 1 February to 30 September 2017 and cover the following four themes:
- Building a link between research and teaching missions of the university
- Empowering students for their future professional life and civic engagement
- Addressing larger and more diverse student bodies ensuring student success
- Fostering engagement in developing learning and teaching
The groups have been composed following the expressed interest through the Call for Participation (click here).
Thematic Peer Group 1 “Building a link between research and teaching missions of the university”:
- Humboldt University of Berlin (group coordinator), Germany
- Pierre-and-Marie-Curie University, France
- University of Sheffield, UK
- Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Pompeu Fabra University, Spain
- Silesian University of Technology, Poland
- University College Cork, Ireland
- University of Borås, Sweden.
Thematic Peer Group 2 “Empowering students for their future professional life and civic engagement”:
- Dublin City University (group coordinator), Ireland
- University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium
- University of Lucerne, Switzerland
- University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Management Center Innsbruck, Austria
- University of Tampere, Finland
- University of Bucharest, Romania.
Thematic Peer Group 3 “Addressing larger and more diverse student bodies ensuring student success”:
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- University of Bristol (group coordinator), UK
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
- Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway
- University of Thessaly, Greece.
Thematic Peer Group 4 “Fostering engagement in developing learning and teaching”:
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) (group coordinator), Austria
- University of Bordeaux, France
- HTW Berlin - University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- University of Turku, Finland
- Lodz University of Technology, Poland
- University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Technical University of Denmark, Denmark.